40Gbps CWDM 40KM QSFP+ Optical Transceiver
- Transmission data rate up to 11.2Gbps per channel
- QSFP+ MSA compliant
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3ba specification for 40GBASE-ER4 links
- 4 CWDM un-cooled DFB lasers, using ITU G.694.2 wavelength grid at 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331nm
- High Sensitivity APD-TIA with optical DEMUX
- Up to 40km reach over standard single mode fiber
- Hot pluggable electrical interface
- Operating case temperature 0°C to +70°C
- 3.3V power supply
- RoHS 6 compliant（lead free）
- 40GBASE-ER4 40G Ethernet links
This product is a transceiver module designed for 40km optical communication applications. The design is compliant to 40GBASE-ER4 of the IEEE P802.3ba standard. The module converts 4 inputs channels (4ch) of 10Gb/s electrical data to 4 CWDM optical signals, and multiplexes them into a single channel for 40Gb/s optical transmission. Reversely, on the receiver side, the module optically de-multiplexes a 40Gb/s input into 4 CWDM channels signals, and converts them to 4 channel output electrical data.
The central wavelengths of the 4 CWDM channels are 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331 nm as members of the CWDM wavelength grid defined in ITU-T G694.2. It contains a duplex LC connector for the optical interface and a 148-pin connector for the electrical interface. To minimize the optical dispersion in the long-haul system, single-mode fiber (SMF) has to be applied in this module.
The product is designed with form factor, optical/electrical connection and digital diagnostic interface according to the QSFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA). It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity and EMI interference.